Chromebook Distribution will continue at each individual school. Please contact individual schools to arrange a pick-up.
Internet/Hotspot/WiFi: At this time, there are a limited number of Sprint/T-Mobile hotspots available. RCS can and will provide more as they become available. One hotspot can serve two devices. To ensure the proper and required internet filtering, the hotspots will be connected to RCS provided Chromebooks ONLY.
As we continue our virtual learning, Chromebooks are still available for students. If needed, Sprint/T-Mobile hotspots are also available. We are aware of some issues with various Chromebooks and/or hotspots. Please know that we are actively working to resolve these issues. If need be, they can be simply exchanged. Please see our Student Tech Support page for additional help and utilize our Student Help Desk system. The Google Resource page contains numerous tips.
- A hotspot is basically a cell phone that provides internet
- If a cell phone has bad reception, the hotspot could also have bad reception
- ONLY the RCS Chromebook can connect to the hotspot
- Place the hotspot near a window for better reception
- The Chromebook does not need to be directly next to the hotspot but stay in the same room
- The hotspot can go to "sleep" when not in use, quickly press the button to "wake up"
- Charge it at night
Don’t forget! All K-12 families must complete the Back to School Registration to be eligible for a device.
For students in need of a Chromebook, the steps are as follows:
- Complete the One2One User Agreement portion of the Back-to-School Registration in ParentConnection at least 24 hours of scheduled pickup times.
- To complete the Back to School Registration, log into MISTAR ParentConnection (direct URL is: https://zangleweb.resa.net/romulus/parentconnect/) and look for the red “Back to School Registration” link in the upper-right corner of the home screen and then follow the prompts.
- You can retrieve your login by going to this link https://sisweb.resa.net/ParentPortal/Home/LoginReminder and entering the email that is on file. If you are still unable to get your login after using the "forgot password" link, email email@example.com with your name, the names of your children, and the schools they attend.
Please note that accepting the One2One User Agreement is required to receive a device. Not accepting the agreement indicates no need for a device.
- RVLC Students must coordinate their device with Mrs. Gowen
Note for Kindergarten Parents: Due to circumstances out of our control, a Chromebook can be issued now while we wait for the more age-appropriate devices to arrive. Once the age-appropriate devices arrive you will be notified when and how to complete an exchange of devices.