Welcome Back Jaguar Families!
Our Staff members are very excited to welcome your child back to school. I have always loved the back-to-school season! There is something special about the new school year and the opportunity to make new friends and memories. Romulus Elementary is ready to build relationships with families and increase academic growth along with social and emotional wellness.
Romulus Elementary Vision & Purpose
At Romulus Elementary, we take pride in making sure all students are treated equally and feel safe in their environment. We are a 21st-century learning environment. Our teachers are helping each child communicate; collaborate, and exercise creativity and critical thinking while both consuming and producing content that connects them with their world in ways that are personally meaningful and relevant.
It is very important to your child’s education that s/he is on time and remains in school for the entire day. During the first few minutes of class, the teacher covers the learning targets and daily expectations. At the end of the day, the teacher brings closure to class lessons, reviews homework, and students receive a high five for behavior. Our goal is always to improve attendance and decrease tardiness, as it directly impacts students’ achievement.
Doors Open 8:40 a.m.
Dismissal 3:37 p.m.
Half-day dismissal 12:00 p.m.
Early release dismissal 2:37 p.m.
Please sign in to your Parent Connection to find the following:
- Chromebook/Google Passwords
- Grades and attendance
- Transportation information
What is for Lunch
Students will receive free breakfast and free lunch daily. Please check out the monthly menu RCS Food Service Menu
Check-In and Check Out
When you arrive to check your student in/out for an appointment, please bring your ID.
Covid 19 Information
If your child is showing symptoms, please do not send them to school.
- If your child has a positive test for COVID-19, contact Ms. Schalte firstname.lastname@example.org. If a child tests positive, any students or staff members who were in the same classroom (or bus) will be notified via email. I will be using the primary email that is listed in Parent Connection. It is important that all parents check the email that is listed in Parent Connection daily to stay informed.
- All students, staff, and family members must wear a mask when entering the building.
Attendance is very important in a student’s learning. If a student is absent 2 days per month, that adds up to 20 days (4 weeks) of school per year. Persistent absenteeism creates a genuine hardship for a student and is regarded as a serious problem. The City of Romulus, in cooperation with the Romulus Community Schools, has passed a Parental Responsibility Ordinance. Non-attendance for unacceptable reasons is a violation of state law and is required to be reported by the school. Therefore, the school will be reviewing attendance records throughout the school year. The following circumstances are the only recognized excuses for school absence: Personal Illness, Family Illness, Death in the Family, or Religious Holiday.
Parents are required to give advance notice to the school in order to be excused for any other type of absence. In the event of persistent absenteeism, the following is in effect for elementary students:
- If a student misses 5 days of school, a phone call will be made and an email will be sent.
- If a student misses 8 days of school, a letter is sent home and an email will be sent.
- If a student misses, 10 days of school, a parent will be asked to attend a conference with the social worker and principal.
- If a student’s absences continue, a Romulus Youth Officer will contact the parent and a home visit may be made, depending on the situation. This could result in a civil infraction, a fine, and/or a court referral.
Parents need to report their students’ absences by phone or email each and every time a student does not attend school to report the reason. If you are having trouble getting your child to school, please call us. We are here to help and educate your child.
Permanent Parent Pick-up
If you will be picking up your child at the end of each day, a permanent parent pick-up form must be completed in the office. You will then be issued a number to place in your car and your student will wear a matching number on his/her backpack. If you do not have a number, you must come to the office to sign your child out. As in the case of any student being signed out, only authorized adults (listed on the emergency card) will be permitted to sign out a student. The permanent parent pick-up sign-out is located in the cafeteria