Rail Safety Week
Together, we can stop track tragedies. The goal of Rail Safety Week (RSW), held in September each year, is to raise awareness of the need for rail safety education and empower the general public to keep themselves safe near highway-rail grade crossings and railroad rights-of-way. Teachers will be providing activities to bring awareness to Rail Safety Week.
Students participated in their first fire drill at Romulus Elementary on Friday. We talked about:
- Remain calm and quiet so that you can hear your teacher’s instructions.
- Exit the building as quickly as possible in an orderly and safe way (do not run, push or bump into other students).
- Line up outside in your designated area and remain quiet so that your teacher can take attendance.
- It is very important to stay quiet so teachers can do this quickly and make sure that everyone got out of the building.
- If you were not with your homeroom teacher when the bell rang, please join up with them after you exit the building.
- The last person leaving the classroom closes the door.
Please make sure that you connected on ClassDojo with your child’s teacher. ClassDojo is a school communication platform that teachers, students, and families use every day to build close-knit communities by sharing what’s being learned in the classroom home through photos, videos, and messages.
Parents can drop off their children for morning tutoring. Students will meet in the Media Center. Students will receive support with grade-level standards, gain skills while working on IXL and focus on wellness. Sunrise Scholars is a no-cost tutoring program. Students are dropped off between 7:15-8:20. Email email@example.com to enroll.
Dates to Know
- September 20 Bright Futures begin
- September 30 Open House 5:00-6:00 (NEW DATE AND TIME)
- October 13 Early Release, Students are dismissed at 2:37
- October 11 Picture Day
- November 2 No School
- November 5 Half day of school, students dismissed at 12:00
- November 19 Picture Retake