Good evening RHS Families, and welcome to the beginning of the end of the school year! This is week 11 of Semester 2. This is TESTING week, where both virtual AND in-person students come to the high school for standardized testing only. Safe social distancing and cleaning protocols will continue to be followed. Monday is a regular school day where students will attend all 6 classes plus advisory. Tuesday through Friday are testing days. Students who are NOT testing will continue their learning asynchronously online. This means their classes will post attendance forms and assignments during REGULAR CLASS TIMES each day. Students are responsible for completing work as assigned.
The standardized testing schedule is:
- Tuesday 4/13 - Juniors (11th Grade SAT)
- Wednesday 4/14 - Juniors (11th Grade Work Keys)
- Thursday 4/15 - Freshmen (9th Grade PSAT)
- Friday 4/16 - Sophomores (10th Grade PSAT)
- Wednesday 4/21 - Juniors (11th Grade M-STEP)
This testing LETTER was sent out before break by the counseling team. Please review for additional information and any questions. Standardized Testing LETTER - CLICK HERE
~ COUNSELING UPDATES ~
Quick Updates from the Counseling Office
- Registration Update: The forms are now closed. If you need to make changes, please contact your counselor as soon as possible.
- AP Testing: This year AP testing will be done digitally at home. If you haven’t already paid for your exam, please pay NOW using this link https://www.romulusk12.org/news/romulus-high-school/ap-exams-spring-2021. If you have any questions, contact your AP teacher.
- Are you on track to graduate?: Please contact your counselor if you have any questions regarding your credits or graduation status.
- Counselor Update: Mrs. Pierson will be out on maternity leave until the end of the school year. For students with the last name A-K (grades 9,10,11), please contact the counseling office at 734-532-1020 to speak to an available counselor or to schedule an appointment. Seniors only will be divided by last name.
- Mrs. Moore A-E (seniors only)
- Ms. Burton F-L (seniors only)
~ CULTURE AND CLIMATE ~
MHSAA continues to update the restrictions and recommendations for Spring sports. As of April 8th, Spring sports can continue with weekly testing as required by MDHHS during weeks where schools are practicing and/or competing. This is based on all remaining sports being outdoors and spring sports have the fewest contact sports when compared to other seasons. School districts will make local decisions for the coming weeks on spring sports based on local conditions and circumstances. If a school district wishes to pause activity the following will need to be considered.
- All spring MHSAA tournaments will be held as scheduled. Schools may voluntarily delay practices and competition in some or all sports with no impact on MHSAA tournament participation this spring.
- If practices and/or competitions are held, weekly antigen testing must occur.
- Remember that regular season games delayed or rescheduled can be played up until the MHSAA Final in each sport.
- Strongly reinforce all existing protocols including proper wearing of face coverings and sanitization.
Congratulations to March's “TEACHER OF THE MONTH” MR. PATTERSON!
The Eagles have nominated their teachers for their hard work and dedication. Mr. Patterson teaches Science. He coached the Eagles for many years and he is a proud Alumnus of RHS! His students had great things to say about him like:
“He is a person who understands anything that we are dealing with, and helps us out of any difficult situations”.
Congratulations, Mr. Patterson!
Have a great week everyone, and GO EAGLES!