Good afternoon RHS Families, we are happy to welcome in-person students back! The district will be resuming in-person learning beginning tomorrow, Monday, May 3rd. This is week #14 of Semester 2. We will follow a normal schedule again this week (see link above).
PARENT MEETING WITH DR. EDMONDSON!
RHS is proud to host a special parent meeting Monday May 3rd at 6:45pm. RHS Administration will discuss the end of the 2020-2021 school year and give updates regarding events and summer school. Superintendent Edmondson will join us at 7pm to discuss the upcoming millage and answer any questions that you may have. Join us via Google Meet or by phone.
GOOGLE MEET LINK: meet.google.com/soz-xfrt-xrq
PHONE IN : (US) +1 401-594-2065 PIN: 468 978 095#
Tutoring is still available EVERY Friday during each class period and after school by appointment. Please remind your student that they don’t have to struggle. Attending tutoring (Academic Enrichment on the schedule)
Due to scheduling changes, Senior exams will take place one day sooner. Senior exams will now take place on Wednesday, May 26th and Thursday, May 27th. Thursday, May 27th will be the last day of school for seniors; seniors will not report on Friday, May 28th. Please make a note of the date changes.
Also Seniors, Day 2 of Cap & Gown pictures has been rescheduled to FOUR days during lunch only, beginning Monday, May 10th. Please pay attention to announcements and emails from Dr. Pachota and Mrs. Zoltowski.
~ COUNSELING REMINDERS ~
- AP Testing: This year AP testing will be done digitally at home. If you haven’t already paid for your exam, please pay NOW using this link https://www.romulusk12.org/news/romulus-high-school/ap-exams-spring-2021. If you have any questions, contact your AP teacher.
- Counselor Update: Mrs. Pierson will be out on maternity leave until the end of the school year. For students with the last name A-K (grades 9,10,11), please contact the counseling office at 734-532-1020 to speak to an available counselor or to schedule an appointment. Seniors only will be divided by last name.
- Mrs. Moore A-E (seniors only)
- Ms. Burton F-L (seniors only)
- Local Scholarships: Seniors, it is time to apply for the RHS Local Scholarships. All applications will be submitted electronically using a Google Form. The deadline for all applications and letters of recommendations is on or before midnight Sunday, May 9. For more information and the application link, please refer to the email that was sent to students on Friday, April 23 from the counseling department. Remember, students need to log on with their student email in order to apply.
~ CULTURE AND CLIMATE ~
For In-Person Learners only, remember to:
- Complete your COVID screening EVERY morning - page 6 of the In-Person Learning Guide. Click here to find the RHS In-Person Learning Guide.
- Fully charge your devices and bring them with you.
- Come to class prepared with other supplies as needed.
- Remember this is a school setting, so appropriate dress and removal of all headgear is expected.
- Every student must wear a mask which covers their nose and mouth for the entire school day. Failing to wear masks properly will result in immediate removal from RHS in-person learning.
- Social distancing is required as well. Make sure you are only sitting in designated seating.
- RHS Student Code of Conduct will be enforced. Please remember that cellular phones and wearing hooded sweatshirts in school are not allowed.
ATHLETICS: TRACK AND FIELD
- Tuesday May 4 @ Melvindale 3:30pm
- Thursday May 6th Robichaud and Redford Union 3:30pm
- Friday May 7th @ Saline - Golden Triangle 10:00am
JUNIORS - Class of 2022!
“Come support the Class of 2022 $5 Car Wash May 8th at RHS from 11am to 7pm”
Last but not least:
EAGLES, join us in wishing our wonderful teaching staff a Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!!
Have a great week, and GO EAGLES!!