This is Week #2 of Quarter 2 (1 week down, 9 weeks to go)
Thank you! To all who attended our FIRST Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences, we appreciate your coming together with teachers, counselors, and principals to make this the BEST YEAR possible for your (and our) students! Thank you also to those who helped us to problem-solve technology issues. We’re all getting better by the day! Please see the Quarter 2 Schedule below.
SCHEDULE for Quarter #2
Tips for the BEST Virtual Learning Experience:
- Take NOTES. Teachers have recommended that students have a 1-subject notebook for each class. It is important to write down the important aspects of the lesson, especially new vocabulary.
- Double-Check DUE DATES. Students have access to their own calendars within Google Classroom. It is a good idea for students to place any extended due dates on their own calendars. Students can set up notifications to remind them of upcoming assignments.
- Check E-MAIL. Students have district-issued emails where they receive reminders and updates. Students should check email 2 times per day.
- Go to TUTORING! Don’t wait until you’re behind and don’t allow yourselves to be confused about anything. Teachers are standing by waiting to help! Watch the weekly schedule for days and times to ask questions or to get help!
SENIORS! Senior GEAR is available for purchase now at: https://romulusseniors2021.itemorder.com/sale
This sale ENDS Nov. 30th. Please note this is not a fundraiser (the class will not make any money from this sale, FYI). For questions, please contact Dr. Pachota (email@example.com) and/or Mrs. Zoltowski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOVEMBER - NATIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT MONTH
This weeks activity
I will be…. Selfies: Take a picture of yourself dressed like your career choice. This will be added to an RHS I will be… collage that will be shared online. Send your selfie with your name, career, and grade to email@example.com
MORAL FOCUS for November:
- TRUST - (verb) believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of.
- ESSAY writing contest: TOPIC: Why Does Trust Matter?
- Details will be posted in RHS All Class GOOGLE Classroom
Students interested in participating in athletics/ extra-curricular activities must have earned a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in order to be eligible to try-out for the team. Freshmen will be allowed to participate and grade point averages will be considered after the first semester.
WINTER SPORTS TEAMS
Covid-19 restrictions may alter schedules, seasons, and or requirements at any time
GIRLS BASKETBALL Head Coach - Paris McCarthy
- JV Girls Basketball
- Varsity Girls Basketball
BOYS BASKETBALL Head Coach - Herb Buckley
- 9th grade Boys Basketball
- JV Boys Basketball
- Varsity Boys Basketball
TRY-OUTS MONDAY 11/16 AND TUESDAY 11/17 3-5PM
RHS BOWLING TEAM Head Coach - TBD
- Girls and Boys Bowling
RHS WRESTLING Head Coach - Dan Hines
RHS CHEERLEADING Head Coach - Cyntina Keels
- Competitive Cheerleading