Welcome back RHS Families! We're hoping that everyone has had a safe and relaxing holiday break. With the year 2020 behind us, we’re ready to continue learning and move forward with completing this Semester! We will have a normal week this week.
The schedule for this week is:
- Monday & Friday: Hours 1, 2, and 3, with Tutoring from 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Wednesday: 4th Hour from 8:00am until approximately 12:00pm. Tutoring from 2:30pm-3:30pm.
- Tuesday & Thursday: Hours 4, 5, and 6, with Tutoring from 2:30pm-3:30pm.
Parents and guardians, please keep in mind that Wednesdays are school days. Student attendance on Wednesdays is extremely important, as students will be working with their teachers for the first half of the day from at 8:00am until roughly 12:00pm, depending on class meetings. There are also two tutoring sessions available on Wednesdays: one at 10:05am and one at 2:30pm. The second half of the day on Wednesday is for asynchronous (independent) learning and make-up work.
SPEAKING OF TUTORING...
We only have two more weeks before final exams. This is the perfect time for taking advantage of our daily tutoring times. NOTE: Students DO NOT have to stay the whole hour, just for the time that is needed. Here are 5 TIPS for making the most of Tutoring/Office Hours:
- Ask for help on class notes. If anything was unclear about the day’s lesson, this is a great time to ask questions.
- Get classwork, homework, and papers reviewed before they’re due.
- Ask for practice questions or practice prompts to prepare for a quiz or test.
- Go with a friend: create notes or slides together under the watchful eye of your instructor.
- Get ahead! If you have challenges keeping up with assignments, this is a good time to find out what’s coming up so that you can prepare.
TAKE A PICTURE - ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS!
RHS Scholars with 3.5 GPA and above, by now you should have received your certificate, program, and either an Academic Letter or Achievement Medal for the Academic Achievement Awards. We ask that you SEND A PICTURE this week of your student holding their award to email@example.com. Please be sure to type out the entire name as you would like it recorded. This will be part of a unique presentation for all of our distinguished scholars who have achieved academic excellence. A special THANK YOU To Mrs. Youtsey-Dethloff for perfectly packaging and sending the awards so efficiently!
Speaking of pictures, if any student needs a school ID for work or any official paperwork, RHS School IDs can be picked by appointment only. Please contact Ms. Garrison in the counseling office at 734.532.1020 to make arrangements to pick up a school ID.
Under current MDHHS emergency order:
- Winter practices may begin on Jan. 16th.
- The first day of competition is Friday, Jan. 22nd for basketball and bowling.
- For competitive cheer, gymnastics and wrestling, the first day of competition is Monday, Jan. 25th.
- If orders further delay activity beyond Jan. 16th, the MHSAA staff and Representative Council will devise updated plans that address both winter and spring sports.
- Further details with the RHS athletic schedule will be coming soon.
Return to School Plans:
Did you know that the Romulus School Board Meetings are streaming live on YouTube? You will particularly benefit from viewing them over the next several weeks. School board meetings are every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month at 6pm. These meetings are also recorded.
Happy New Year, and Go Eagles!
Principal Crockett & Principal Marino