After a long delay due to COVID, Romulus Community Schools has finally received some technology-related items to aid our students.
- Bags/cases for all the Chromebooks that have been distributed are now available. The Brenthaven Tred Carry Folio will be utilized as a "work in case" to best protect the devices.
- Lenovo 10e ChromeTablets are now available for all kindergarten students. Kindergarten students that have received a Chromebook are requested to exchange them for the ChromeTablets.
RCS is asking all families to adhere to the following schedule to pick up bags and exchange kindergarten Chromebooks for ChromeTablets.
- Tuesday, January 12th - Barth/Halecreek (8am - 5pm)
- Wednesday, January 13th - Rom EL/Wick (8am - 5pm)
- Thursday, January 14th - RMS/RECC (8am - 5pm)
- Friday, January 15th - RHS (8am - 3pm)
For families that have more than one student, please use the youngest aged student to indicate what day to arrive.
The Chromebook is required to be brought so that a member of the technology department may properly place the device in the bag and to exchange the kindergarten Chromebooks for the ChromeTablets.
Please write the student's name and ID number on a piece of paper and place it in each closed Chromebook so that we can properly document that your student has received a bag and/or exchanged Chromebooks for the kindergarten ChromeTablets.
If a kindergartner has a RCS provided hotspot that will also be required for the exchange. Please note that the reconfiguration of the hotspot may take up to 10 minutes.