September 3rd, 2020
August 23rd, 2020 Update
Looking for more information on Virtual Learning and starting the school year? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for support.
August 12th, 2020 Update
PRE-Registration for Fall (please complete by Wednesday, August 19th)
In order to begin assigning your student's courses and classes, please complete the survey below:
August 11th, 2020 Update
Over the last six months, the Coronavirus has changed many aspects of our lives. Perhaps some of the most significant changes have occurred in the world of education. Over the last several weeks, the district has studied potential learning options for our students, along with examining local and state-wide health trends concerning COVID-19. After much deliberation, the Board of Education for Romulus Community Schools voted on Monday, August 10th to begin this school year using 100% virtual instruction. This decision will be reexamined before November 6, 2020, which is the end of the first quarter. We recognize the varying needs of our nearly 2,600 students and their families as well as the needs of our staff. We remain committed to providing the best and safest learning environment for all.
Presently, we are gearing up to launch the 2020-21 school year ready to meet the challenge of providing high-quality, teacher-supported education in a virtual environment. Please know we will be returning to pre-COVID high expectations for teaching and learning, which include specific learning outcomes, multiple types of assessments, and grades. All students will utilize Romulus Virtual Academy for the 1st quarter of the 2020-2021 School Year:
RVA (Romulus Virtual Academy) grades *PK-12
- Teacher-paced instruction using the Edgenuity Platform (very similar to in-person instruction and not directed by a computer program)
- Supported by Romulus certified teachers
- Students receive immediate “in class” support from their teachers
*GSRP students may have blended options.
RVLC (Romulus Virtual Learning Center) 6-12
- Established RCS School
- Self-Paced but deadlines need to be met.
- Supported by Romulus certified teachers. Teachers cover all subjects.
- Students must “check in” on a predetermined regular schedule.
- Students have opportunity to receive one-on-one support from their instructor