To provide a quality education for all students in Wayne County, the Michigan Department of Education Schools of Choice Program is offered by Romulus Community Schools in cooperation with its constituent districts. This program allows parents and students the choice to attend any public school in Wayne County, regardless of where they live.
School of Choice Process:
- Download the School of Choice Application form.
- Bring completed forms into the RCS Administration Building (36540 Grant Rd., Romulus, Michigan 48174) along with the student’s birth certificate and a parent ID.
- RCS will contact the student’s current school regarding discipline records going back two years, as well as transcripts for upper grades.
- Based on information received from the student’s current school, RCS will decide whether to accept the student’s application.
- You will be notified of acceptance or rejection via phone or mail.
- If the student is accepted, they or their parent must fill out the pre-enrollment application on the RCS website.
Open Time Frames:
Please note that while parents are welcome to download the necessary forms for School of Choice at any time, we can only accept applications during certain parts of the year.
The Romulus Community Schools’ School of Choice window for application submission for the first semester ends October 1, 2021, and for the second semester is December 6, 2021, until February 4, 2022.
For questions on the School of Choice application process, please call Cindy Morrison at (734) 532-1628.